Originally Posted By: Dignan
Not sure if anyone's addressed the TV options yet, but just in case it hasn't been mentioned:

No light control in your room: LCD

A very good amount of light control: Pioneer Kuro (no, not just plasma, get a Kuro)

Complete light control: front projection (though obviously this requires a lot more than just controlling the light to set up)

That's how I'm treating my future TV purchases. At the moment I can't really get my TV room dark at all during the day, so I have LCD. If I ever had a basement with no windows, I'd be awfully tempted to put a front projection system in there.

I only disagree slightly here. I'd call it a push between Plasmas and LCDs. My plasma sits in a family room with a large window opposite, to the right, and a sliding glass door to the left. It looks good, even without putting it in torch mode. YMMV.

Edit: Relevant admission, window opposite faces east, right side faces north, southern glass door is shaded by patio roof. Sunlight just doesn't enter directly into the room, except before noon.

In the don't forget column - 6ft HDMI Cables are rarely less than $40.

Also be aware that panels with multiple HDMI inputs, most always put one in a location unusable for dedicated use. Behind a front panel or on an outside edge.

Edited by gbeer (06/01/2009 00:52)