I'm probably going to change my Macbook for a Dell Studio 15 today. I'd like a nice high res screen and there is a well priced option of a 1920x1200 WUXGA+ CCFL display. Is this not a little bit too much in 15.4"? Has anybody seen one of these displays? Especially if anyone has one, it would be nice to know what they think about it, how the colours, brightness and viewing angles are like. Luckily, I have good vision but I am a bit concerned that everything will be a little too small. Sure, I can use DPI scaling in Windows... but I'll probably install Ubuntu. Are there such scaling options there?

The next step down is a 1440x900 WXGA LED panel. Sounds like roughly the same DPI as my 1280x800 13" Macbook screen - it would be nice to have a bit more. I really wish they had a 1680x1050 option. Does anyone here have the 1440x900 15" Dell LED lit TFT?

I'm after a few opinions please. I'll be using this for leisure (browsing and hopefully a bit of gaming if the Radeon HD 3450 can handle it) and some work. Work will involve spreadsheets, multiple windows of cost/competitor/input pricing, a bit of Perl and most likely Windows XP in VirtualBox.

Edited by sein (14/01/2009 08:24)
Edit Reason: Elaborate