Hi,

No, just contact support - didn't we have your unit in for a check over recently? Murphy is obviously busy at the moment...

Yep, was sent in for a faulty display and problems shutting down when docked in the car sled! The problem seems to be with the DC jack's detect switch, I've jiggled the wiper around a bit to make the connection again and it now works (for the moment), as soon as I insert the DC jack it fails again. Just as a matter of interest, these switch contacts are generally unreliable for signal use, if some current is pulled through them (as would normally happen in most applications), the insulating oxide layer on the contact which builds up on any air exposed switch, is removed by the switched DC current. I guess you're using this as part of a high impedance input to a port? It's a pity you didn't do the detection directly from the supply rather than through an unreliable switch contact.

Should I return the unit as a matter of course?

Regards,

John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).
[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>