While I agree that these features would have been better received rolled into 2.0, they're not necessarily "Me Too" because many of them are just basic features. It's not about copying anyone or adding them because someone else has them. They're basic features that may have been intended all along but for one reason or other just didn't get the priority to make it into past releases. The perfect example is Cut and Paste. It's rather basic, but in my opinion, not of dire importance. Now that it's here, it may very well be better implemented than it is elsewhere.

You won't find Spotlight elsewhere, will you? You don't see API-based Push notification on other products that I'm aware of. API support for Google maps? Seamless in-app purchases?

Frankly, I couldn't have cared less if MMS were left out completely. Not a compelling feature once you have email. It's just a money-grabbing feature for carriers like SMS.

Like it or not, things take time. You can just throw a ton of people onto something thinking it can be done much faster. That's how MS seems to operate and look at the junk they produce - and how long it ends up taking WinMo is at least 9 years old by my count and it still sucks balls. If you want to talk about slow development, really, look also at Palm. It's taken Palm over 13 years to get to the Pre. And it's still not out.

Say the iPhone sucks and it's slow to debut features, whatever. At the end of the day it still sucks less than everything else and has ramped more features in a much shorter span than anyone else. It's also completely changed the mobile/handheld industry forever. The only other company that I can say has made that much of an impact has been RIM. Neither MS nor Palm has ever done anything significant in the mobile space yet.