Think of this... under the "sound" menu there could be an item called "shuffle blend" or "smooth shuffle" or something of that sort... it could be toggled just like the current "shuffle" feature is currently... below the menu entry there would appear only one text box - the current status of the switch; drilling down to it would toggle the status.

This feature, if enabled from the sound menu (above), could fade in and fade out the beginning and ending two seconds of tracks when the empeg is playing in shuffle mode.

i know that when i shuffle-play lots of music, invariably i have some live concerts in there with crowd noise (Dave Matthews at Soldier's Field & Pepsi Arena and the Floyd live at Fort Worth in '77 to mention just a few). These tracks all blend smoothly together when played in order, but the vast differences in crowd sounds makes shuffle play very herky-jerky in between tracks.

If the empeg could fade in and fade out of tracks while on shuffle mode, such situations would be averted. Maybe the next version of emplode could even make the duration of the fade period a user-configurable value. (1 to 10 seconds or whatever the person likes, really.)

If the fader was only used during shuffle play, it would be fine to keep the toggle buried as a sub-menu of "sound" since you wouldn't need to fuss with it a lot.

Any thoughts?

- Dixieland
MK1 : 6 GB : s/n 00246
MK2 : 16 GB : s/n 080000348