Originally Posted By: wfaulk
It's well past time for me to take a vacation. I should go to Scotland, rent a sports car, and tour the distilleries, too. I wonder how long it would take me to get used to shifting with my left hand.

It's much easier than you think, the brain adapts amazingly quickly. Not sure if I'd go out in a TVR on my first go though smile

We had a lovely weekend up in Scotland last week, down near Cambletown, my Uncle was staying on for the rest of the week and was going to Islay to take the tours. Of what I tried there I have to say it did start to change my opinion on Whisky as it's not normally a drink I can stomach. I was surprised by the very strong but strangely smooth peaty tastes. I could see how a tour of such amazing surroundings whilst experiencing all the different flavours would make for a fantastic holiday.

The only tip I could off is to make sure you plan in lots of time between the different stop offs, for example it was well over a 3 hour drive from Glasgow to Carradale which is about 110 miles. Although I have to say the drive along the West Coast from Campbeltown (the A83) was really worth the it, fast and sweeping right along the coast line for quite a few miles.

Cheers

Cris.