Originally Posted By: TigerJimmy
Doing any good out there? I'm considering a trip July 3-10 to demolish some drunken cash games. How long will you be out there?

I"m not- just sweating friends remotely atm frown

I took a year and a half break from poker, actually. It may sound silly, but it got "too serious" for me as a hobby. I got up to 200NL, then stopped because it finally start sinking in that I was playing with real money. When I deposited my first $50 back in the day, the idea was just to have some fun and play some cards. I wasn't emotionally prepared to work a second job, if that makes any kinds of sense. I got a little obsessive and it was emotionally crushing to lose a $600 pot (even though I know in my head that's just part of the game). So I ended up cashing out an 8K bankroll and going on a cruise.

Within the last month, though, I've returned to the game and am trying to learn again, this time a bit more seriously. I know I have what it takes to beat the game (once I shake the dust off), but this time I'm a little bit clearer on my goals. I'm just donking around at 25NL- but once I feel comfortable I've got my poker legs back, I plan to make a deposit and start playing a bit higher. The fact that my job is going away soon may or may not have anything to do with this :p

Bottom line is- no bankroll for WSOP action at this time. I'm living vicariously through some friends who were able to get ME seats and buy into some events. If I'm going strong next year, though, I might go out for the live games (probably won't be rolled for tournaments though).

Nice to hear you are still playing. Is poker still treating you well, then? Is it still your main source of income?

Oh, and I've pretty much given 2+2 the heave ho at this point and am just sticking with a tight nit group of poker buddies. There's some good info on that site, but there are very few interesting HHs at this point and the bravado is just tough to wade through.