I believe I asked something similar to this a while ago, but I believe I'm hearing different symptoms on this setup, so I'd like to ask again. Sorry! smile

In my current car, I play my music and podcasts via my G1. The audio plays over bluetooth, and is received by a Venturi Mini, which is always plugged in to the cigarette lighter (what is the term now that there's no actual cigarette lighter in there? should I call it a power outlet?).

Anyway, this is connected via stereo audio cable to the built-in AUX-in on the car's stereo.

With this setup, I'm getting the noise found in the attached file. My apologies for the bad quality and the weird format. I took it with my phone's sound recorder. The recording is fairly accurate though, except it's not quite that loud, I just turned it up so it would be audible.

Any idea what this is? I get no engine whine at all, and in fact nothing I do in the car seems to affect the sound. It does change, but usually just in that the next time I get in the car it'll be slightly different.

And yes, anything not plugged into the electrical socket sounds just fine. This also happens if I'm charging my phone any plug it directly into the AUX-in jack at the same time.

Your help would be really appreciated. I absolutely love this setup, but the sound is really hurting.

Attachments
livo_recording56082.3gp (114 downloads)

Edited by Dignan (25/06/2009 01:11)