My trusty 2000 Volvo V70 5-speed wagon mysteriously died last weekend. The car was seemingly healthy, but after 20 minutes, was smoking dead on the road side. The lower radiator hose blew off, dumping the coolant, overheating the engine and destroying it.

It's a mystery to me how this happened so quickly, and with little warning (no dashboard warning lights) and initially subtle symptoms (slight power loss, quiet ticking sound). I've posted all the details.

Paying $5000 for an engine swap and other preventative work is not an option, so I must get rid of it. Can anyone suggest methods of disposal which are more humane than the scrap yard? Donating, selling as a parts car, parting it out myself, etc? It's sad to see a well running car so suddenly wind up in the scrap heap.

Of course, I'll first pull my empeg, Alpine deck, amp and stealth fake stock radio faceplate. And wheels. And catalytic converter. What else?

Thanks.