WOW! One of these things is not like the other can you guess which one it is smile The Belkin Router!

I had originally bought 3 WRT54GS2 V1 routers so that I could flash them with DD-WRT and make them client bridges for my 3 rio receivers and wanted to keep the belkin as the router.

So after trying the switch I took a step back and said hell just for fun I will set-up one of the WRT54GS2 as a router so that I am using all of the same hardware for the router and bridges. Similar to what tfabris mentioned about looking at the easy stuff first since I knew all the hardware was already talking to each other.

What do you know the rio receivers all connected using the WRT54GS2 with DD-WRT in client bridge mode (and on the first try without rebooting wow!) and a WRT54GS2 with the default settings for AP mode and wep for my router. The WRT54GS2 also severed out addresses to my wireless laptop and desktop so they could all get on the internet.

I may never know why the Belkin router would not play nice but I can let everyone know that that for about $25 dollars refurb the WRT54GS2 V1 with DD-WRT makes a nice little client bridge for your rio receiver as long as you also have a WRT54GS2 V1 with DD-WRT for your router. Also when I was done I took one of the WRT54GS2 that had a rio attached upstairs and changed it to Bridge Repeater and that also worked so I got better signal with my laptop in that part of the house.

Thanks for all the help and let me know if anyone needs help setting up a WRT54GS2 V1 with DD-WRT and their rio receiver.

Dennis