I know this an apple sucks thread but I just have to add my dell sucks story from today.

My mom who is not a computer expert and still on dial up wanted to get a laptop as a gift for someone for christmas.

So I go looking and find a dell that looks pretty good. It's a stock one that they sell at bestbuy and it was one of the dell recommended configs so you would think they could just ship it right away.

We picked the free shipping because we ordered it last sunday so it should get here with no problem and dell initially said it would arrive in 5 to 7 days. Well after we order it the email comes saying it will be be by the 23rd. So I call to cancel so we can just go get it at bestbuy. Nope can't cancel it's "in production" yeah right it's not like it was a custom one or something what's production put the laptop box in another box and put a shipping label on it.

So now I look stupid for recommending them. Is that the kind of experience business customers get ? I can't believe they would wait almost three weeks for one computer.

I will have to call and bitch some more if just to make their hold times even longer.

Matt