This morning, for the first time ever (in fact for any computer or online service) I had my PayPal account hacked. I can't help but think this is something to do with the dodgy eBay transaction I reported a few weeks ago.

The culprits some how got into my account and sent two US$ payment from the balance I had in there (from an eBay sale yesterday), I reported the problem as soon as I noticed it. And to be fair to PayPal they have already refunded the money so every thing is cool. I have now enabled SMS security on my account and changed all my passwords etc... They don't seem to have done anything else, I don't think there is enough information held on PayPal to fully steal my identity.

Is this a fairly common thing? I have no idea how they got my password and it certainly isn't something easily guessed as it involved letter and numbers in a way I had always thought pretty secure.

Shame as I had always thought of PayPal as being pretty safe, after never having one single problem in many years of using the system.

Cheers

Cris.