Originally Posted By: Redrum
Don’t get an Epson. It works great, very cheap to buy, however eats an expensive ink cartridge about every other day.

That applies to virtually any inkjet printer, but we are talking about laser printers here.

As I have said on several occasions here on the bbs, the initial cost of the printer is almost irrelevant. If you are looking at bottom line costs, by far the most important consideration is the cost of the toner (or ink cartridges). Do your research and find out what the cost per page is. That's what is going to eat your money over the years. An extra two or three hundred dollars on the initial purchase will be trivial compared to what you'll spend on consumables over the life of the printer.

That said, Kyocera/Mita has, in my experience, been unquestionably the best way to go. Before I retired, our big Kyocera B/W printer saved us more in consumables every year than we paid for the printer, when compared to the big HP that Corporate forced on us and which for obvious reasons we seldom used.

tanstaafl.