I think I remember the thread where folks expressed interest in getting an extra docking connector to use in other boxes to dock in the Empeg sled. Hugo, I think, explained how tough they were to get outside of the normal manufacturing process and how expensive they are.

I am fabricating a box to fit in the Empeg-less sled and was thinking of putting a blinking red LED or two on the faceplate. How cool it would be to have them automagically powered through a docking connector. So, if it ever looks like there's an opportunity to get a few black-market connectors, I'll take one.

Side note: from Crutchfield I obtained a few 12" x 12" sheets of black plastic that is lightly "pebbled" on one side and scored in a rectangular pattern on the other side (also scored with some common speaker cut-out sizes) that they sell for speaker trin rings and such. I've been cutting the box bits from these sheets with a jeweler's saw and then sanding for final dimensions. A little Crazy Glue, and I should have a box (then I'm going to see if I can fit a faux sled (made out of the same stuff) under the passenger seat to hold this little box while the Empeg is in play.

Anyhow, I'm building the dummy box the same depth as the Empeg so that a connector could be fitted if I ever got lucky!

Jim

Edited by jimhogan on 28/06/01 06:53 PM.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.