Help.

I'm back at the mother-in-law's cottage and stuck with a dial-up internet connction tied to one of the worst notebooks I've ever used, a Sony VAIO of some sort, with positively the worst keyboard ever. I can barely type on this POS. I digress...

The last time I was here I wasn't able to succussfuly share the dial-up connection over an ad-hoc wireless network. I'd really like to simply set this thing up and then use my notebook. I had done this before a few years ago with an HP she had, but for whatever reason I just can't seem to get it right this time around.

I can't recall exactly what the issue was the l the last time I tried it and I've yet to try again tonight. Can anyone give me a quick step-by-step or point me to a site that they know contains working instructions?

This is a total non-issue on a Mac where it's very simple to accomplish. Perhaps still not easy enough for a complete newbie to do, but "it just works" nonetheless. That's how I connected last night from my parents' (albeit with a high speed DSL connection).

BTW, I'll say it again, this Sony has the worst keyboard I've used. I'd rather be using a Vic-20 keyboard.