Originally Posted By: Tim
For some reason iTunes thought I synced an iPad in Aug 09. That caught me off guard. However, it seemed to transfer my paid for apps and music (I only tried with a couple CDs worth) without a problem. It will be fun to see if it pukes and tries to delete them off my iPod Touch next time I sync it (I have four new CDs that I need to transfer over).

Any iOS device is seen as a valid restore target from any other iOS backup. iTunes offered to restore my iPhone backup to my iPad, but I chose instead to set the iPad up as a new device. Also, the licensing on apps and DRM content allows unlimited iOS devices, as long as they are bound to the same account. You can also use Home Sharing to transfer DRM content (apps/video) between iTunes accounts. This is how I gave my grandmother some basic apps I had bought. For any DRM free content (like newer iTunes songs or your own ripped collection) iTunes will gladly sync that to any device without restriction.

One was an issue with the WiFi. I don't know if it was a problem with my router or with the iPad.

Some people have reported WiFi problems with the iPad, and Apple has tried to address them a little bit with the minor 3.2.x updates. 3.2.2 is currently the latest release, make sure your iPad is updated. Does your router offer both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz wireless? Thats also sometimes been known to cause issues on the iPad if the router is broadcasting the same SSID on both networks. It's a valid setup, but for some reason causes a few issues.

Finally, the browser. I would refresh a forum (Second City Hockey) and inexplicably while scrolling down occasionally (more often than not), Safari would puke and reload the page, sending me to the top again.

Never had this happen before myself, but I tend to only browse this forum on the iPad, and definitely never seen it on the desktop Safari. I have heard of low memory related issues in Safari similar to what you are describing, so it's possible the forums there are going over the low limits the iPad browser has. Not really sure of a solution to this one as it's not something I've looked in.

One thing that has me excited is supposedly the NHL is working on getting GameCenter working on the iPad.

I hope they do this too. I've heard from a few people on podcasts that they really enjoy the MLB app on the iPad, and even found the AirPlay icon when it was running on 4.2 beta, allowing streaming back to an AppleTV. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I do hope more franchises go this route as it's the last hurdle for a lot of people to be able to dump cable.