I've got the 2001 A4 which has an odd and hugely shaped more-than-double-din stereo. I had to custom build a faceplate and cover it with matching vinyl. This took a good weekend of work alone. You can see it in the pictures of the original post of mine.

The '01 bose A4 has 10 speakers i believe. I have replaced the four up front in the doors, unhooked and left alone the rear doors (don't need them due to the following), and put mids and tweets in the rear deck in place of the old woofers. I don't need woofers because I put to 10' subs in the trunk. I don't need the speakers in the rear doors because I've got some perfectly good ones in the rear deck. the doors are terrible places to put speakers anyway.

what you can't get from the pictures or from this just email me. rc at swampzombie dot com.

the faq for the symphony stereo (my model) was technically correct, but didn't work for me, as the tools they recommended didn't work. I had to get the audi place to use their factory tools (woudln't sell them) to remove the deck.

if you have a newer or older model car, you probably won't even have to worry about the symphony deck.

g

--
Rio Car (40Gig) Blue/Red Face (Looking for Tuner!)
'01 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro