Quote:
The issue with T-Mo is that the iPhone's chipset doesn't support its frequency. They'd need to change over to what is it now, 5 bands total?

I know what the issue is, but that's why I said I can't imagine it would be as difficult as making a CDMA version of the phone. Wouldn't they be able to simply change the frequencies they work on? Unless it requires an antenna redesign like the CDMA version also needed. Whatever, it's not a big deal that they aren't on the 4th-place carrier. If they add Sprint that's all they really need smile

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
They didn't mention, but engadget did say it's $20 for other phones. Yes, it's a total rip-off. It's paying for nothing. What they're saying is that they're not really giving you the bandwidth you're paying for when you grab the initial plan. Or at least they don't expect you to use the bandwidth they claim is available. They advertise "unlimited" but it's not. Then I'm sure if you used 3 or 4GB consistently every month they'd soon cap you lower or kick you off.

Amen to all that. Actually, this practice irritates me less when you're on an "unlimited" plan (of course, it's never "unlimited," but whatever). It's when they limit you to 2GB, make you pay for the hotspot, and don't even increase your bandwidth. That's the absolute worst. It's a blatant "yes, you get 2GB, but don't you DARE use that!" Ugh, I hate all these carriers.

That's why I'll be on T-Mobile with my Nexus One until the phont crumbles into dust. Somehow when Froyo was released on the N1, I got the hotspot feature for free and it's never been turned off! I use it regularly enough that I need it now, and not regularly enough that I'm willing to pay a ridiculous $20/month for it.