Even Calendar sync isn't the greatest, and I don't know who to blame.

If I invite people from my iPhone contact list their name appear properly and I see a nice graphic check-box net to them. After a round of sync through Google, the names become email addresses which have no connection to my address book and the graphical check-box is now a pair of text square brackets with a question mark in the middle "[?]" - I also get the name of my non-primary calendar as one of the invitees if that's where I put the event.

With the default setup at Google, my non-primary calendar was set to send me email notifications for pretty much everything. I gave my wife access to this calendar as I was setting it up as "family" one. When she added events to it, I got emails, and without touching those emails, those events started appearing also in my personal calendar. So I was left with duplicate events for everything she was adding. This seems to have gone away when I turned off email notification - which doesn't make any sense because it's not documented in the least at Google.

In iCal you can't seem to move items from one Calendar to another with it doing a destroy and then re-schedule, in the process also sending out all invitation emails again and losing all previous responses - that's bloody lame.

On the iPhone you have no control over calendar colours. I had to manually edit the calendar SQLite file. Again, totally lame.

iPhone has no provision for the URL field of a scheduled event as seen in iCal. Good job Apple, more proof that you really don't have any attention to detail. You're better than everyone else, but just proof that the software industry of big players really has its head up its ass.

Now I have things workable, but still far from ideal. Thankfully I also have a jailbroken iOS so I can fix certain things, and display calendar events on my Lock Screen.