Originally Posted By: taym
CTRL-F, then move to the "replace" tab, and cut and paste in there whatever symbol you want from the document.

But: those look like simplye carriage return symbols by Word. Is it possible you activated the Word feature that shows them?
The Carriage Return symbol, aka Paragraph marker, looks kind of like a backwards "P", and the symbol I want to get rid of is the "crooked arrow" symbol. (see samples below) And yes, I do have the "show paragraph symbol" turned on. On purpose, even. smile

I think the arrow is from Linux, a hex "oa" or something, and the paragraph marker (carriage return plus line feed) is what Windows uses, and is hex "oa od", something like that. I am a bit over my head when it comes to octal, hexadecimal, ascii, unicode, etc.

MS Word won't let me cut and paste the arrow symbol into the search and replace box, that's the first thing I tried.

OK, got it! If I do a search and replace for ^11 [that's carat sign, eleven] and replace with [nothing], all the crooked arrows go away and the lines extend out the width of the page.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Paragraph.png