And my thoughts on iCloud:

Overall, I'm pretty impressed here. I'm not a fan of moving everything to web apps at this time, and it seems Apple agrees. They are viewing the cloud as a service to enhance apps, vs trying to get you to also run your apps via a web browser. Apple's take on this is that the PC is no longer the hub for your personal content, instead it's just another spoke, with the hub being the cloud now.

The first big point is that iCloud is free. No fees at all, beyond the cost of a device that runs iOS 5 or OS X Lion. And no ads either. I understand and respect that Google is an ad company and has to make money somehow, but I still dislike seeing ads in my personal stuff like e-mail, photos, or other things. Knowing that part of the cost of my hardware is going to pay for this service is fine by me.

5GB initially doesn't sound like a lot, but that 5GB is only for mail, contacts, calendars, documents, and possibly iOS backups. Photo Stream, iTunes content, apps, and books do not count against the space.

Photo Stream is interesting, in that it's kinda like a EyeFi card. Any photo I take on my iPhone is then also available on my iPad, and appears in iPhoto for importing to my permanent library. Apple has some limits here, any iOS device will only hold 1,000 photos before dumping the oldest to avoid taking over all the available space. And the iCloud servers will only hold photos for 30 days. I like this approach though, as it means I can still retain my master library locally, and still get benefits of the cloud. I personally don't like the idea of uploading my backlog of 12 years worth of photos to some cloud service.

iTunes in the cloud, I'll have to try it out to see what I think. $25 a year for unlimited music storage sounds pretty tempting. I've got a lot of music not in the iTunes store, so I may be making heavy use of this as an easy way to have my music collection at work without having to stream it from home.

iOS backups to the cloud will be nice, and will put iOS in front of the pack for "I just broke my phone, and need a new one back in the same state ASAP". From what I understand, the Google sync feature with Android is not 100% of the contents of the device, this iOS feature will be.

iCloud API will also be nice, since it means 3rd party apps also get to store all their stuff in the cloud and sync to other devices automatically. Dropbox was quickly becoming the way to do this on iOS, but not every app supported it. With a system level API and a free service, the odds are much higher that this will just be the way things work. Looking forward to seeing things like game save states move between my iPad and iPhone automatically, similar to Steam Cloud on the PC/Mac.