Fired up mine and tinkered with it a bit today. Forgot how many various things I had installed on it over time, and was glad to see the two 30GB drives have held up this long.

Used jemplode to update hijack from 477 to 513. I no longer have my linux server that would autodetect an empeg on the network and update hijack automatically. I'm guessing 477 was on there from back when I used the empeg on my desk for music, as it seems too new to be from 5 years ago.

Tried to change the name of the player, and jemplode was throwing an error that fsck couldn't run. Forgot I added mt-daapd to autostart, and with it running, a sync couldn't complete. This, only after discovering my USB->Serial adaptor has no functional drivers for any modern OS. (Last official ones supported Windows 2000, and Mac OS 9. The Linux ones are badly broken, never mapping to a /dev/tty device).

Rooted around my drives via the hijack web interface, and found my old distributed.net stuff, along with various old web interfaces that don't work well in modern browsers. empire install from way back, along with the gps 0.17 version. Oh, and the all important ttsclock is still running every boot, with StrongBad telling me the time.

It's all coming back now. Trying to remember why I even went with the CarPC route 5 years ago, instead of just installing the empeg in the car. At least it sat patently waiting, tucked inside the mlord dock.