Is the inability to record from the tuner due to the hard drive being mounted ro at the time? Or is it due to a hardware limatition, or
other factor?
Hugo:
Mostly due to incompatible sampling rates, which means the sample clock can't be used. The radio runs at 38kHz.

And again: er, what? Where does this (completely nonstandard) 38kHz sampling rate come from? Is it perhaps possible that Hugo confused that with 32kHz, which would be understandable, as there's nothing usable above 16kHz on the radio. What ADC is used? Where does the ADC send it's digital audio, the SA1100 or the DSP? And, lastly, so what? I'm completely satisfied if I can store 32kHz, or even 38kHz digital audio, I can always do a sample rate conversion on my PC later.

Note: I did not ask for this feature to be included in the 'standard' version of the empeg, I was merely interested if it was at all possible to do it. I would gladly write the software myself, if it was possible. But if it's not, I'm not interested at all in the empeg.

PS: A flow-chart or something describing the signal flow etc. inside the unit would greatly help to clarify my confusion right now.