Oh, I'm all for procedurals, and watch several myself (House, Criminal Minds, and Bones come to mind), but I've just never been interested in the CSI franchise (or NCIS, or the Law & Orders). I guess I either gravitate to a different spin on a procedural (House is medical, Bones is forensic anthropology), or I have to really like the actor(s) involved. I started watching Criminal Minds mostly because I really like Mandy Patinkin.

For the most part, I prefer serial storytelling, though, and most procedurals treat overall plots as afterthoughts. It took House something like 5-6 seasons to get a good plot going.

So far my favorite new show this season is definitely American Horror Story. It's very unsettling, creative, and the acting is great.

Fringe is definitely still going well. I was concerned that it would have trouble keeping the momentum going after the show's entire plot seemed to culminate in last season's finale.

By the way, I just thought of something the other day about Fringe and Alias, for people who watched that show:
Click to reveal..
Both shows crescendo and culminate to a moment where a giant, potentially world-ending machine - powered by one specific human being - is built, turned on, and thwarted somehow. Is J.J. not quite as creative as we think? smile