Now where the tuner module is getting closer and closer...

I plan to make an application on the empeg which read the traffic information (TMC, traffic message channel) from the RDS data stream. The application should displays the actual messages on the empeg display.
As far as I now the most european countries support this TMC information. (I'm sure Switzerland does, that's the most important thing for me)
The message which should be displayed for example looks like this: "accident at ..., slow traffic for 2 km"
It is possible to read the following information from the TMC: position of the event, typ of event, time, ...

Now to my questions:
- Is empeg (rio) plans to integrate this functionalty in near futur (V1.1)? I doesn't mean just to switch to the radio program if a traffic message is sent. I mean to examine the TMC information and display information like mentioned above.

- As far as I understand, the hole RDS stream (including TMC) can be read from the /dev/rds device. Is this correct?

- Is it possible to read from the /dev/rds device if i listen to mp3's?

- I plan to buy two tuner modules. One for outdoor use in the car and one for developing the software. How can I connect the tuner module at home. Is it easy to make a selfmade adapter to connect the tuner module or do I have to buy a second docking sled? (I learned electronics engineers, so it shouldn't be a problem to make an adapter)

If I get the application to work, I will offer it to download somewhere in the internet

Thanks for any help