I intend to get a full overhaul of my less-than-professional install when I get a decent amp and speakers. That is, when I take the plunge to decide which I want and when I can actually afford it all. I've been quite pleased with the sound using my 2x35 amp powering 4 x 10watt speakers. I can imagine the collective gasp of pain out there as you read that. I guess I've just got used to it and as I don't hear anything better than I'm quite happy. Blissful in my ignorance I think is the term.

In the meantime, I'll put in a line to the battery to power the amp. Powering from the empeg lead was one of those interim solutions that just never got rectified. I've taken the opportunity today to put the diode in-line on the ign-sense so hopefully I'll have no more 'negative spike' issues. I've also connected the telephone mute which I had trouble getting to work in my last car. Hopefully I'll have better success this time.

Still need to know if the blue lead from the amp can be connected elsewhere if there is no empeg in situ.

Steve - 18GB Mk II Blue

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons