Revisiting this thread (sorry), I'd like to try this again with a different camera. My wife's Christmas present was a fancy new Canon S100 (it's freaking awesome for a point and shoot), and so I'd like to do something with her nearly 5 year old SD1000. It has the little flap on the bottom that you'd use for an AC adapter, so now I could use something like this to power the camera. However, I'd like to be able to power it for a long time without an outlet available. Does anyone know of a battery I could use for this kind of purpose? I'm looking for a pre-built solution, as I don't have the know-how to wire this kind of thing myself and make it look prettier.

*edit*
I think an ideal solution would be if I could find something like this, but with the right plug for the little phony battery you put inside the camera. Then I'd have a way to connect the camera to an AC outlet when I wanted, and have a little portable battery pack when I needed it placed somewhere where that isn't possible.

Heck, that would be kind of nice for just carrying around. Those tiny little Canon batteries have pretty bad capacities...

Edited by Dignan (06/01/2012 18:14)