Originally Posted By: adavidw
My car has bluetooth support for handsfree calling, but no A2DP. I tried a few other solutions, then hit upon the TuneLink Auto (which comes in iPhone or Android flavors) - http://newpotatotech.com/TUNELINK_AUTO/tunelink_auto.html

As far as I'm concerned, we have a winner!

I ordered the iPhone version of the Tunelink, and so far it seems like an excellent product that fit the bill perfectly for what I need! Well done, sir!

I couldn't tell from the product photos what the size if the device would be, but was very pleased to find out that it's actually very modest. The part that sticks out of the lighter socket is about the size of a...cherry tomato? That's the best I can do right now smile I was also thrilled to see that it came with a 3.5mm stereo cable. I was actually having trouble finding a cable short enough for the distance between the Tunelink and my AUX in, which is only about seven inches, and the included cable was the perfect length! I still might try to find some right-angle adapters to make things look a little neater, but I love how this thing is set up. It looks a lot cleaner than what I was using before.

I'll need some more testing with the phone charging capabilities, but I have high hopes for that. It's billed as a 2.1A adapter, so it should even be capable of charging my tablet, let alone my phone.

As for ground loop, I'll also have to see how well it does after longer use, but it seems to not be an issue. At first I noticed a slight effect when people on a podcast spoke, like the sound of a snare drum rattling, if you know what I mean, but that went away pretty quickly.

Conclusion: well, I'll need some more time, but this thing looks like the solution! I love it! I can't wait to use it in my daily routine, and I think it'll do great!

Now I have one last product I'm looking for, and I'd like to see if the brilliant empeg forum members might know of something: a small bluetooth remote.

From what I've seen, unless it's a TV/home theater remote, nobody makes very small remote controls. I know it would be a pretty narrow market, but I'd still think there'd be something! I'm just looking for something that can pause and skip tracks! I've looked at the Jabra Street thing, and it's nice, but I don't want it to perform any of its headset/music duties. I'd JUST want the remote, and I don't know if it can do that. Does anyone know if the AVRCP profile can be independent of the music/phone profiles in phones that are able to separate them?