I have nothing to do with RasPi... but if you're going to use my post to call them inexperienced lunatics then I think I should at least verify the logic you use.

Originally Posted By: sn00p
Originally Posted By: LittleBlueThing

So given the level of transparency of this team I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. It does sound like a factory cockup and it's hard to see anything the RasPi team could have done differently short of sending someone to China to oversee the factory.

And there in lies the solution, they should have either run a limited quantity to ensure that what would come off the production line will work

They did - so actually what you would have done *didn't* solve the problem. So given your first solution was the same as theirs does this following quote apply to you? If not, why not?

If they'd done this, ...<snip>...the way they've done this can either be put down to inexperience or lunacy.

Your second suggestion:
or had somebody out there to test one.

is apparently they are now doing with a Farnell/RS rep in china. So again, they did exactly what you'd have done - how does that justify the labels you applied?

Bottom line is, never trust any electronic component that is sourced from china, chances are it's not what you think it is.

Yes, indeed - and I'm not seeing much evidence that they did.

You mentioned Hugo and Peter's posts - actually that's not how I read Hugo's posts - he very much assumed that the factory would be professional - Peter on the other hand almost certainly nailed it.

Edited by LittleBlueThing (11/03/2012 21:02)
Edit Reason: missed some text