Example: The Binding of Isaac

I saw the game in Steam's Summer Sale, saw it had good reviews, and picked it up. Now I'm frustrated beyond belief.

The game randomly generates its levels, which would be fine if it weren't a game where dying brings you back to the beginning of the game. In the end, getting anywhere in the game requires more luck than I'm willing to put up with. I don't want to keep starting the game over and over again. Some might find that fun but I don't.

I had to deal with a very frustrating Realtor this afternoon, and I wanted to sit down and blow off steam (no pun intended) with a dumb little game. Instead I'm more aggravated now than I was before I started playing the game.*

If I had the ability to simply type in a little cheat code and get some more health or something, instead of banging my head against a wall I could just merrily go through and experience the game. Instead I'm just experiencing the first three levels over and over again.

Fortunately I only spent something like $2 on this game...

*I just wanted to insist that my aggravation has nothing to do with the subject matter of the game. It's horribly dark and gross, and probably offensive to some. Still, I wanted to see it through and it's the gameplay that's pissing me off...

Edited by Dignan (13/07/2012 20:38)