Originally Posted By: gbeer
Muhammed must go to the mountain.

Forget networking, hook the very portable, lappy up to the USB port on the printer.

Yes, you'd think that would be the ideal solution and in some ways it is, but not all. I mean, it will work, no doubt, but on the other hand it would require me to move the family printer from downstairs to upstairs which would make it a hassle for all other tasks than printing. It's al all-in-one and I use it a lot to scan stuff. For this it's handy that the printer is nearby. If I move it to my wife's working space it would be located on the other end of the house, which would make it a drag for me to use when I want to scan something.

My wife doesn't print as often as I scan things, so this doesn't look like a good deal to me. Another option would be to buy her a simple printer, but I'm reluctant to do that since she uses it only for work.

A third option would be to hang an USB cable readily available from if and have my wife come downstairs with her portable every time she wants to print something. But this doesn't sound like an ideal solution to me either.