Originally Posted By: Shonky
The more paragraphs (new lines) you have, the more space you'll have.
Brilliant! Now why couldn't I have seen that?

A few minutes ago I was well on my way to pointing out the flaw in your analysis, because it only fixed about half of the problem cells. Then I discovered that the ones it didn't fix had paragraph/line-feeds at the end of the comment text. Once I got rid of those, then the macro worked exactly as it should.

At least I was right in my tentative supposition that the actual text itself was somehow a factor in the problem.

Would you care to hazard a guess as to why the one comment gets truncated? Likely something to do with it being the shortest comment, but what?

The one line in the macro that was inexplicable to me is this one:

If .Shape.Width > 0 Then

I could never understand the need for that qualification. I deleted that line (and the corresponding End If line, of course) and the macro still works.

Now, have you any suggestions for a macro to go through all the Comments and change every Paragraph/line-feed to a space, or perhaps to a pair of spaces? I understand just enough Visual Basic that I can sort of understand code that someone else wrote if it is simple enough but not enough to write it myself.

tanstaafl.