I am downloading Cyanogen for S3 Int'l. Maybe she'll agree in trying it. So Matt, do you recommend this over the basic plain Android firmware? Is this the best firmware in yur opinion of course?

I am not against Custom firmwares, on the contrary. I think that's the beauty of Android. I don't know if she'll be happy to go through the change, but maybe so (she's a lot into testing new GUIs). However, this must really be her main work phone, and it needs to work reliably, and perform well some basic functions like synching her contacts correctly. smile

Ok, so I guess I am still finding my way into this issue, and I have not yet decided what the best course of action is. Thinking out loud - please feel free anyone to step in to fill in the blanks or correct me:

1. I assumed that "Contacts" was an App, like many others, and that I could always install a different one, including whatever Android comes with by detault in Googlephones. I think now I oversimplified this whole thing. ?

2. "Contacts" does seem very integrated in the system. It shows call logs, for example. I wonder how well integrated another third party App could be. But hey, this all depends on how well you want to design it as a developer, so, maybe there's something great out there. Any recommendation is welcome.

3. "Contacts" icon does not have the Samsung "S" letter, which seems to preceed every Samsung Appl in this phone, but of course I can't necessarily expect consistency. This may definitely be a Samsung thing, and it definitely is not called "People"

4. I can't find any "People" in the market. There's "MyPeople" and many others, but they all seem third parties.

Edited by taym (14/08/2012 07:11)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg