Originally Posted By: andy
Interesting. Wonder what the options are that the next engineer says "No, we could never use cable that you had laid"...

Well, we laid the gas pipe, just had to leave the trench open till they'd checked it, we ran the electric cable ourselves, and the water main.

It's not exactly a tricky job, especially if there are no joints.

I've had lots of different install issues with BT this year, their customer service is just shocking, and the automated phone system is terrible. In the old days you could actually speak to the engineers dept and go through the job with someone that might actually know something.

In this instance they cut us off on the day before they were supposed to move the line, when the engineer didn't turn up I rang to complain (no line = no internet = no access to school for children's homework), the woman told me that schools all have homework clubs nowadays so they should do their homework before coming home.

We now have a line but still no internet as Demon say they'll reconnect me on a 12 month contract which will cease the minute BT disconnect my line again.