Tbh I've found so many bugs in this device that I've lost faith in it, to be fair they do usually fix them, but some of them have required me to send stuff off to israel by "snail mail" and it takes ages....even longer when you have a customer breathing down my neck.

Primarily UK, some are in europe as well.

This is actually a stop gap fix for another issue, we have a maxim-dallas RTC on board which under "some" circumstances forgets its clock, it's fully battery backed, go figure. There are plenty of other people mentioning this issue on the net, but nobody seems to know how to fix it.

The network time allows me to reset the clock on the RTC if I know that it's gone bad. We've tried just about every experiment under the sun to try to get the RTC to fail in the office and can't, but you can guarantee that it will happen out in the field, it's rare, but it happens and when it does happen, it's painfully obvious.

Still need to find the issue with the RTC, but this gives a bit of a safety net as most of these units that require date/time have our modem board fitted.

Adrian