Update on how it behaved at the first rehearsal with my band:

1. My Word macro encountered this CodeModule.AddFromString bug, and I'm currently researching ways to fix it. I thought I already was doing the thing that he suggests at that page, so I'm trying to come up with other ideas. It appears to be a timing issue with on-the-fly compilation of VBA macros. (Update: Seems to be fixed. Turns out that there was a way I could put the code later in the macro, as close to the end as I could get it, and sure enough, just like he said, the crash went away.)

2. I discovered that, if you have your hands full (ie, you are playing a song) and the little "Your battery is down to 10 percent" balloon pops up on the screen, the balloon does not go away on its own. It stays there, covering up the last verse of the song, until you dig out the stylus and click it. I *want* the balloon to warn me if the battery is getting low, so I don't want to disable it altogether. Not sure what to do there. Ideally I'd want a smaller warning instead of the big balloon. Wonder if there's something I can do in that area. On the good side: Battery swap is super easy, so I just have to keep the extra charged battery on hand. (Update: Trying solution: Power Meter Plus floats on the desktop and I turn off all battery notification balloons in the Windows OS.

3. When I put the laptop back into the rolling backpack that I've been using to carry things to gigs, I managed to put it into the backpack bluetooth-dongle-side down. (The dongle sticks out from the laptop just a bit). This cracked the casing on the dongle and made me worry that I will someday destroy the dongle in this fashion. I am currently searching for PCMCIA Bluetooth adapters so that I can get rid of the dongle and have flush edges on the laptop so that I don't have this problem again.