Originally Posted By: tfabris
(in the middle of the night on a Saturday no less)
For you, maybe, but it was mid-morning (10.5 hours later) in India, where the call probably originated. And, why does India's time zone offset by 10.5 hours, instead of the expected 11?

If I might hijack your thread just a little bit... below is a post I put on a DIY printer repair website. Chances are I'll get better response here.

====================
My Hewlett Packard CP2025 will jam 90% of the time when printing multiple duplex pages. The problem is NOT in the duplexer.

It isn't even really a "jam" as such. The roller picks up the page and instead of feeding it into the rest of the printer, it drops it down underneath tray 2, and the status screen says "Paper jam in tray 2" or something similar.

The printer will print any number of NON-DUPLEX pages from TRAY 2 in without jamming.

It will always print a SINGLE DUPLEX page from TRAY 2 without jamming.

On rare occasions it will print TWO DUPLEX Pages from TRAY 2 before it jams.

It will print any number of DUPLEX pages pages from TRAY 1 without jamming.

Clearly the problem is not the pickup roller (the printer has <9,000 pages printed) because if I tell it not to duplex it doesn't jam.

Clearly the problem is not the duplexer because I can print duplex all day long as long as I feed from tray 1.

It seems to be some sort of timing error, since it will print a single duplexed page reliably from tray 2, but will fail 90% of the time on the second page.

Any ideas?

====================================

At the present time, I work around the problem by printing from tray 1 if I have multiple pages to print duplex. Nonetheless, I'd like to fix the problem.

tanstaafl.