I'm a lot closer to pulling the trigger on a new phone. I'm still waiting to see what the deal is with this "super amazing fully user-designed mind-blowing phone" from Motorola, which probably won't be much more than "choose your color and engraving."

I'm still leaning heavily towards the HTC One Google Edition. I know, it's got those hard buttons and doesn't have an app switcher button, but I finally got to see one in person and it's freaking gorgeous. It also has easily the best speakers I've ever heard on a phone before. I mean, it's not going to provide tunes for my next party, but if I'm washing dishes or emptying boxes and I want to listen to podcasts, it's more than adequate on its own, and I wouldn't have to carry around my portable speaker.

I've done the math, and even though it's expensive, it'll only take me about 4-5 months on the $30 T-Mobile plan to make up the price difference. I'm paying WAY too much for phone service right now.

And Tony, thanks for mentioning Groove IP. I've tried it out now and was pretty impressed. I minor issues with it, like the fact that every part of the app looks just awful. Also, in my test calls it seems like for some reason the app has trouble if the phone tilts enough to rotate the screen. When that happens the person on the other end can't hear me. I'm not sure why it would even rotate in the middle of a call, but I'll have to see if I can turn that off. Anyway, it really has me more confident about moving to TMobile and losing minutes on my plan.

Is it possible to use Groove IP with the built-in dialer?

Edited by Dignan (12/07/2013 14:06)