At this point I'm pretty conflicted on which Google Play edition phone to buy. Here are the choices I'm still mulling over, focusing on the pros and cons unique to each device:

1) the HTC One

Pros: The hardware is, IMO, the best on the market. I think it's fantastic. The speakers are incredible, and with the amount of podcasting I listen to while working around my house, being able to just use those speakers is huge.

Cons: It's freaking expensive! Undoubtedly this will still be the most expensive of my options. I'm also worried about HTC long-term.

2) The Moto X

Pros: I'm actually really interested in that always-listening mode. I'd love to just be able to have the phone on the coffee table and be able to ask it a question about an actor in the show I'm watching. That's incredible. I also like the design a great deal, and the specs suit me - I don't need a super fast phone.

Cons: I don't know what the price is going to be, it seems like even less "Nexus" than the HTC One, I'll have to wait a long time for it to come out on the Play store, and even then I wouldn't be able to customize it until that stupid exclusive ran out with AT&T.

3) Nexus 4

Pros: I'm not sure if I've made this clear enough in the last several years: I love the nexus phones! I love knowing that my phone is going to get the latest version of the OS. That is, unless Samsung and/or Verizon are involved (hate...). I also love the wireless charging idea, and just being able to place the phone on a dock every night. It's also probably going to be the cheapest off-contract option of the three, though there are rumors the X could start at $299...

Cons: Clearly, it's not the latest handset, and has the fewest flashy hardware perks (aside from wireless charging). It also has the least storage space of the three. The 4.3 update seems to be causing serious problems for some users, too.

In conclusion, I'm very confused. I'm not sure where I'm leaning. That wireless charging is extremely attractive to me, the One has fantastic hardware, and the X has the always-listening feature. I think I'll have to wait to hear more about pricing for the Moto X on the Play store...