Does Jemplode at least successfully connect to the player and download its database of existing songs and display them on the screen? That's the basic level of connection there, and if you've got that, then it means we can at least start working on this. But if you're not getting the basic level of connection over Ethernet, then you need to solve that problem first.

Possible issues you might be running into:

Basic ethernet connection troubleshooting

Windows firewall might be in the way

Note: I think Jemplode uses FTP to send logos to the player. So if there are problems with FTP, that might be it. For instance, maybe the player has had an FTP password set in its hijack kernel and you're having trouble getting past that. Also, FTP might be blocked by a firewall too, and you might need to open up TCP port 21. Can you connect to the player with a web browser or an FTP client?

If you happen to have an actual RS-232 serial port on the computer, and a correct type of null-modem cable, you can edit the boot logo via the serial port using my LogoEdit utility. Also, you can simply try LogoEdit in place of Jemplode and see if it does any better for you:

Download LogoEdit 1.7

I haven't run LogoEdit in a long time, I don't know how well it performs on Win7. But worth a try.

There's also the issue with animated logos. Before the main company logo appears and sits on the screen, it plays a short animation, which is a separate mod from the logo itself. That's another ball of wax, and you're back to Jemplode for that one, I'm afraid. I never got around to updating LogoEdit so that it could edit the animations.

Instructions for editing or clearing the animated logos with Jemplode