i had a small question about the Customer Referral Promotion mentioned in an announcement thread. i certainly cannot say that i speak for anyone else - but who chose the "fleece vest" as a reward for referring individuals to the Rio car product line?

Please don't misunderstand me... i'm not saying that the vest looks like it's an inferior product. i'm sure it's really warm and has high-quality stitching... but come on -- promotional clothing? That sort of just gives me a little bit of a bad feeling down in my lower spine. it's very much what i'd call a "big corporation" style of marketing promotion.

What about a reward gift that could be, you know... good? i mean, just as an example, what about offering one or two free colored faceplates? i could imagine that there might be enough of a surplus around the office to make that even more cost-effective than the fleece vests as rewards go, and (once again - i do not speak for any other user) it could be more well-received than promotional clothing.

Ah well, just a thought i had that probably didn't need to be posted here. And, of course, this certainly hasn't stopped me from talking up my empeg to all those who see or hear it. Given a little time, i think i could start to turn out at least two or three new customers per year.

Thank you for making such quality product and for continually offering support and good will to the user community!

- Dixieland
MK1 : 6 GB : s/n 00246
MK2 : 16 GB : s/n 080000348