I'm not familiar with WinX but I was doing some DVD ripping a few years ago. My plan was to rip a ton of my DVDs and then either give them away or at least throw away the cases and store the discs in a binder that I'd throw in storage. Unfortunately I didn't get very far because everything was taking absurd amounts of space! Now that I have a Synology NAS I might start that project up again, although now I have a baby in the house so there isn't any time for ANY projects (and I have dozens on my to do list).

But ANYway, here's my two cents: ISO's just seem like they'd be easier to work with. I love the idea of having a single file to move around instead of a folder full of them. Seems like fewer points of failure to me and easier to manage.

I'm curious if WinX does what the beloved DVDShrink used to do. With that program I could specify portions of the DVD to leave out in order to save space. If I didn't want any of the foreign language tracks, I could simply uncheck them. If I didn't like the special features on this movie, I could just leave them out. And if I recall correctly, I could compress the video on any of the elements I wanted. So, for instance, if I was less interested in fantastic quality for the special features, I could re-encode those to 50% quality and leave the main movie alone. Cool software...

I'm going to try out WinX. Thanks for the tip! Again, my preference would be an ISO just for the sake of convenience. I'd compare it to the difference between the storage of content in Outlook Express vs Outlook. OE had files all over the place, and Outlook has a single PST. It's SOOO much easier to move that one file around.