Also, I wouldn't want to subject my passengers to my quirky tastes so the CD player has to stay

Is this because your passengers bring their own CDs, so they subject you to their quirky tastes?

The absolute best number-one greatest thing about the empeg is that you always have all of your music with you, just a button-press away. You have so much storage capacity, you can even put music you don't like into it, just to keep your passengers happy.

I have both an empeg and a very good CD player in my car. The only time the CD player is ever used is during IASCA competitions, where the judges don't allow me to use my empeg because of the possibility of re-mastering the competition disk and gaining an unfair advantage.

As Tony has said over and over... leave the CD player out of the car. You'll never miss it. Then, all you need is an amplifier or two, some subwoofers, get rid of those Honda speakers and replace them with MB-Quart... add a nice 30 band third-octave equalizer, a good crossover network, and... and.... uhhh, sorry, I get carried away sometimes.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"