I know there's an entire universe out there of SEO people who do this sort of thing for a living, but I've got my fun little open-source Android Wear watchface, and it kinda bums me out that Google's never "featured" it, which makes it almost impossible to discover on the Play Store.

Or so I thought.

But now they've got a new feature in the Play Store dev console that tells you who's visiting your page, giving you data like this (for CalWatch, month of July 2015 -- they have no earlier data, and my August data looks similar):

I've got somewhere around 350 people who've installed the app, and I'm getting well more than that visiting my app's page every month, but my "conversion rate" is much lower than this. There's also an attrition rate that they don't tell you, but they roughly balance out, so my net number of users is staying flat.

This contrasts with my other free/open-source app, a timer/stopwatch thing. For that, I'm getting half as many visitors, but sometimes a much higher conversion rate. I assume this is because there are zillions of watchfaces out there but many fewer stopwatch apps, so if you're looking for one, you're more likely to find mine.

Of particular interest is that I'm getting much higher conversion rates from external deep links to my stuff. Poking around Google, I found one thread in German somewhere and another thread on Reddit, each of which had some linky action. That's it, but it's more than nothing.

Anyway, new data is fun. Any thoughts on how to get myself more users? Do I even want more users really? It's not like I'm getting paid for this.