Originally Posted By: pca
How old is the building? Is the piping actually embedded into concrete?
The building is... 18 years old for the bottom two floors, 10 years old for the third floor, 7 years old for the fourth floor. And yes, the pipe is embedded in concrete.

Originally Posted By: pca
That said, are you certain someone didn't install a sneaky tap-off point and run it into an adjacent building when it was built? smile
Yes. The leakage only appeared over the past 30 days. I suspected something was wrong when the last tank fillup came at 54 days instead of the usual 110. Then, when the solar heater was being installed, I mentioned to the installer that there might be a leak. He checked with soapy water all of the exposed pipes on the roof, no leaks, but noted that the gauge on the 500 liter tank was dropping at 5% per day with no gas appliances being used in the house. There are no structures adjacent to my house, the nearest one being 50 meters away and it was built two years after my house was complete. No-one could tap into my line without knowing where the line was buried and digging trenches in the wall and hanging pipes 20 feet in the air. I probably would have noticed that. smile

tanstaafl.