i had my empeg installed first in a '01 and now in a '02 se brg miata. regarding amps, i didn't use one in the 01. i had the empeg running through a pioneer unit. now i have an alpine bolted to the floor of the trunk. i have it mounted right next to that small stuff holder (the one that is located in the floor to hold various stuff) on the driver's side. i guess it seems to be in the way, but i have not had any problems with it yet.

regarding running wires, i did not do any wiring in the 01 or 02, but my experience with my 97 (no empeg, but a pioneer hu and 12 disc changer) tells me that you want to run on the drivers side (remember i am in the us here, so i drive on the CORRECT side :). i seem to remember that it was possible to run it on the passenger side, but it was alot more difficult.

regarding the headrest speakers, i didn't even think you could get them on the M2. maybe that is just in the US though. i had them in my 97, and they sound pretty bad. they are however, useful for top down driving. both the 01 and 02 came with the bose stereo, so i am using the stock speakers much to my satisfaction. i have to turn the empeg up, but i can hear fine at around 100 mph with the top down. basically, you won't get any good sound quality from the headrest speakers, but if you have trouble hearing the music with the top down, they do a fairly decent job of filling everything in so you can hear the music.

hope everything goes well. i love my miata, and i love my empeg. they really make a great combo.

jeremy

12 gig, green...