Originally Posted By: tfabris
Quote:
The only problem I have is that Chromecasting needs a ton of work. The reliability I've experienced has been pitiful, IMO, especially with multi-room audio. When it works, it's fantastic. But one of my Chromecast Audio devices is constantly cutting out or getting lost, and Google Play Music will almost always tell me I've been disconnected from the Chromecast after little more than 10 minutes. It's exceedingly frustrating.

Ah, I'm not the only one experiencing these problems?

I have two chromecasts and half the time my Chromecast apps have trouble locating them as being visible on the network. I even got the newer models recently and I'm still having intermittent troubles.

You are not the only one, I suppose. I haven't investigated how common these problems are, but I can't imagine we're alone.

I've also had your problem where the devices around found. When I tap the Chromecast icon, the option that comes up the least often is the grouped Chromecast option. Sometimes I'll have to close and reopen the device selection window for them all to appear, or at least wait around 5 seconds. I almost never have all options show up immediately.

The frustrating part to me is that Everything in the chain is Google. I'm using my Nexus 5X through an OnHub router to my Chromecasts. I only have the most recent Chromecast and two Chromecast Audios. I can't imagine a more ideal setup, but it just doesn't work well enough.