Hi all,

I have successfully managed to compile PHP 4.0.6 on the Empeg. I am looking forward to create an Empeg extension for it that will allow access to the display (at least).

I hate Perl, so I had to get another decent scripting environment ready, which PHP certainly is.

My currently planned projects are: automatic playlist generation and automatic FID<->ID3 tag synch. I hate it that when I change the playlist info, the changes are not written to the actual MP3 file. (this is of course only good for people that copy files back from the Empeg)

Also, I have already created a little server class for PHP that would allow to serve any TCP based protocols. This might be a nicer way to serve information from the Empeg without having to patch the kernel.

My ultimate project is still to create a plugin-based player (if the Rio/Empeg folks are not coming over with it :) ) Still, I am waiting for a 2.0 release to decide. :)

If anybody is interested in any of these projects (or just the PHP binary), speak up. :) It will still be a few weeks until I will have my own page up, Sven, would you be willing to host the PHP binary for anybody who is interested?

Till