I'm looking for a way to create a shortcut that runs a program as a different user. Windows has a command called "runas" serviced by the secondary login service.

If I right click a shortcut while holding shift, the option "run as different user" appears and lets me type in the name and password of the account to run the shortcut as.

I'd like to have the shortcut do that all the time when it's normally involved. Double clicking, start menu, etc, I want it to pop the dialog "run as different user" presents.

I found the runas command in the command prompt, and made a shortcut using it. However this method requires the username to be coded into the command line arguments for runas, and wants password entry to be done in a cmd window instead of a GUI dialog. Or if /savecred is used, the password only needs to be keyed in once, which is also not the behavior I'm looking for.

Is there a method to have a shortcut to an executable always invoke run as different user complete with the GUI prompt for username/password?