I'll need to finish the static conversion, and it was started before the site went down. There's private details in the RioCar DB that go beyond what is in the board DB, and it would be more effort to purge that and hand over the files to someone else. It's mostly from some of the community event signups/coordination that were a part of the ancient RioCar.org era.

The ability to access the data from the web side was intentionally broken long ago, but the raw info in the DB hadn't been fully scrubbed.

No promises, but I'm hoping an upcoming vacation and some recent stress relief will let my mind focus enough to wrap up the static conversion part. Steps left there are to retool the script to pull from a VM of the server, instead of the live site, and get the VM up to date with the snapshot from before the web intrusion.

I have a personal goal to try and get to this soon. It's a good distracting project to work on, and has some decent progress already. The idea and work for the conversion started well before the outage, as the code that runs the site is too ancient to run on up to date PHP installs. As it was, RioCar.org threw a number of depreciation warnings, and the codebase is a mess. Part of that is due to securing the site by intentionally breaking parts of the site that weren't seeing any changes like the old front news page. Thankfully the PHP version the site ran on still received critical security patches, but it wasn't enough to stop whatever lightly exploited the server to help participate in a DDoS on other servers.

I hear the community wanting it back, and thank you to those in the community helping with the stress relief by speaking out about current events.